CLICK HERE TO PRINT THIS POLICY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
We maintain partnership relationships with companies whose products are designed to help us provide service to meet the financial needs of our members. At times we will provide information to these partners in order to facilitate communication of useful information regarding products or services they provide. Correspondence our members receive from these partners originates with them, and they are provided only the information necessary to help them allow our members access to their products and services. We also comply with state and federal laws relating to the treatment of customer information.
It is our policy to strictly enforce standards to prevent any abuse of confidential information by limiting employee access to information, and by educating our employees with regard to member confidentially.
- Our credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services - no more.
- Our credit union will protect your personal information. Our credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. When appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of our credit union, you will, as always, have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- Our credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- Our credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
Sidney Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members and other users of its website.
- General website pages: SFCU collects and stores information on the domain you use to access our website, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to its site, and the date and time of your visit to our website. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various pages on the SFCU website, to help us make improvements to the information contained on the site, and to better serve our members through special marketing and service programs.
- Member only website pages: Personal identifying information is collected when a member representative registers to access SFCU’s member-only sections of its website. This information enables SFCU to regulate entry to the member-only portions of its website and to measure member usage. Any personal identifying information gathered during member registrations is not sold to third parties.
- Third parties: On occasion, SFCU may seek personal information for use in surveys or other purposes. SFCU will make full disclosure online in those instances where information is being collected for transference to or usage by other parties.
- E-mail: Personal information contained in e-mail sent by members and non-members may be used by the credit union’s staff and volunteers to answer questions, to follow up on suggestions or complaints, or to improve the level of service SFCU provides. Please be advised that e-mail may not be secure against interception by unauthorized individuals. Therefore, if you wish to communicate sensitive or personal information, you may want to send it by postal mail. SFCU will not share E-mail addresses with outside parties.